Monday 24 September 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This is a meme hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. A great way for readers to share their reading week.

What a miserable Monday it is too. It's cold and wet for much of the UK and according to the BBC we are expected to experience a months worth of rain in the next 24 hours. Bank holiday Monday too. My plans are to stay in and get some studying done. I am jealous of everyone who is using it as an excuse to curl up with their books.

Anyways, another not to great reading week. I am resigned to that though as my workload has tripled this year. Not complaining though. Still enjoying it.

This is what I read last week;

Moranthology by Caitlin Moran. Loved it. It's almost as good as How to Be A Woman and I have to say I geeked out a few times reading it. Will post more details when I do the review.

Just now I am reading;


The Sea, The Sea by Iris Murdoch. This book was pretty much tossed aside as I read Moranthology and it's now annoying me that it's taking me so long. Truth is I am not loving it and yet can't let go.

Next I plan to read;


The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle. Same book as was on my list last week. Poor Sherlock is crying out to me!

What have you been reading? Anyone else stuck on a book they aren't loving and yet can't let go?

15 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your review of Moranthology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a good read. Just trying to work out how I am going to word it.

      Delete
  2. I also find it very difficult to let go a book and try to persevere to the end. I am sometimes annoyed with myself but I just have to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been times when I have just given up. Life is too short. But this one becomes annoyingly interesting as soon as I decide to give up and then takes it away again. I now need to know the end.

      Delete
  3. Your books look tempting....I haven't read any of them, but I'm curious. Enjoy!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I hope you get lots of studying done and ace your exams since you can't curl up with a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They should turn those Vintage covers into postcards...Love that one, yet again although doesn't sound like the contents live up to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really should. I would so buy them. Yeah, I love the cover. The cover is the best thing about it I think although I haven't been able to give up on it.

      Delete
  6. I love the cover of The Sea, The Sea.... so gorgeous. Hope you are off to a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's another vintage cover. They are fab. Thank you.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It was. I do like Caitlin Moran. I like the fact that she says whatever she thinks and she is pretty honest about that in her book (got her into some trouble).

      Delete
  8. This is the first I've heard of The Sea, The Sea. I'm sorry you aren't loving it! Sometimes it's more about timing than anything else...

    ReplyDelete